Monday, October 20, 2014

Begin With The End In Mind

From Port Townsend to LaPush - 130 miles
Damn it. I need a goal. Disappointed that I didn't ride much this year. No more excuses, then. I've decided to ride the Olympic Discovery Trail next year. By August. No later. Between now and then, I will plan, stay in shape, and stay motivated. Oh, and ride. of course, ride.

There was a time when I rode my share of club events: Seattle To Portland, Tour De Blast, RAMROD, RAPSody. Then stuff happened. I rode less and less. Then...you get the picture. All of those events were good times. I met people, took selfies before they were called selfies, put in lots of miles and was healthier for it.

But those events cost $. And they were crowded. Even more so now. I'd like to try one on my own. Self-supported, that is. I have no desire to camp, so I may not be saving any money. The cost of an event's registration fee will just go towards lodging. At 260 miles roundtrip, I'll need to figure out how many days to spread out the trip. Don't see myself riding all the way to the coast in one day. I could. I would rather enjoy myself, make stops along the way, visit town to town, take in the scenery.

I'll worry about the logistics later. Right now, I'm feeling excited about this goal. It is as worthy as any I've aspired to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment