Monday, August 11, 2014

An Aging Cyclist

Thea's Park, circa January 2014

Has it been a year? Oh, boy. Wish I could say that life has kept me busy (it has). Truth be told, I'm just getting older...and lazier. Can't remember the last time I went on a decent ride. My body isn't what it used to be. I'm waking up with aches and pain from sleeping too long. From sleeping! How crazy is that? Can't sit for too long, either. Have to get up every so often so my back doesn't complain. And forget about being in the heat. It's above 90 degrees today, so I opted to stay in. So sad.

I'm trying to decide if I should fight the future and stay fit through my middle-aging (You know, like the men you see in magazine articles on how to age well?) or accept the passage of time as an inevitable march to whatever awaits beyond the here and now. Okay, even I admit that's a little depressing.

It's times like this that I think about change. From Life As A House:

"Change can be so constant, you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't even notice that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away, make you something different in an instant."

So what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment